directsoft vs cscape

b370w

i got quite a bit of experinces wit directsoft programing but nothing on cscape and my new project requires cscape and there is a hump that i cant seem to get over becauce of different programing lang any pointers on how to get to understand how to get started:confused::confused::confused:

Perhaps if you talked a bit about the specific 'hump' you are having trouble getting over, we might be able to assist you...

when i power up i need to find my orgin point (or home) im running a dc motor w/ incoder wat is the start up rung for that. it only needs to be run once till i shut the machine down.do i use the AI to start the rung or a SO1 its been 2 years since i played wit this

wats the % for before the letter %R000.0 could you help me understand why the want %R000.0 why not just C0 like in directsoft that gives you the firest virtual coil. is this the same (C1 C2 C3 C4) AS (%R000.0 %R000.1 %R000.2 %R000.3 %R000.4)

It's just the format that they use. All addresses are preceded by a "%".

CScape also starts counting at 1, so there would never be a %R000.0. The first bit in the integer word (%R) would be %R001.1

%R are word registers, %M are Boolean registers.
2 consecutive %R registers are used for floating points or double integers.

wats the % for before the letter %R000.0 could you help me understand why the want %R000.0 why not just C0 like in directsoft that gives you the firest virtual coil. is this the same (C1 C2 C3 C4) AS (%R000.0 %R000.1 %R000.2 %R000.3 %R000.4)
%R0001.1 %r0001.2 %R0001.3 are all bits within a register.
%R0001 is a 16 bit register but can be used as described above. broken down to Bools.
You can use as Booleans or same as C1, C2, c3 in Direct Soft.
Also, %M type booleans can be used as c1, C2, c3, etc.
%T are also Booleans though the difference between %M and %T is that %M is retentive and %T is not.
You have 1999 %m type bools and 1999 %T type bools avilable.
If you use a lot or think you may run out, start using the %R type set up.

How are you getting pulses from your encoder.
OCS has a build in HSC and you need to utilize that in order to pick up quick pulses from an encoder.

Not sure what hardware you have.
You can set up your HSC inputs for rate, Quad, etc, it is done through the software when you configure your I/O.
If you do not setup the inputs through the I/O configuration, then, the inputs are used as any other discrete input.
If you do ude a HSC certain registers and I/O can be used for functions of the HSC such as reset, accumulator and stuff.
More info on hardware and your set up would be helpfull.

when i power up i need to find my orgin point (or home) im running a dc motor w/ incoder wat is the start up rung for that. it only needs to be run once till i shut the machine down.do i use the AI to start the rung or a SO1 its been 2 years since i played wit this
If you set up a rung in Cscape you cannot just have a compare or move and such instructions to the rung without a conditional contact prior to the instructions mentioned here (and more).
Use the "Always_ON" bit to start any rung as described.
It'll save you time to know this in case you start getting errors related to compiling your code.

GE also uses the % for their registers and I/O points, it is not something new.
It is what it is and you have to learn how to use it.
a % means that this is an actual register, no oofsets.
If you use the @ (example @R0001) then you are reffering to indirect addressing.