DirectSoft 6 Error saving

RyeGuy

Hello, I have a couple of problems with the directsoft 6 software. I couldn't find a previous answer, and uninstalling and reinstall hasn't helped.

When I connect online I get an error "opening documentation database". After acknowledging it loads the program.

However, whenever I try to save to the disk it says Error copying files.

I temporarily get around this by exporting the program file so I can monitor offline. While doing this I still can't save the project to the disk, I get an error copying files and error writing program to disk dialog again.

Is there something I'm missing that is causing this?
Thanks

Check that you have permissions in the directory.

I noticed that when I tried to uncheck the read only (it isnt checked, it shows a dash) and apply it, it always reverts back to the dashed read only. I've tried this on multiple directories. I tried searching the web for ways to fix this on windows 11 but I have been unsuccesful with the methods they use.

I haven't been successful with Windows 11... I'm wondering if Directsoft doesn't like windows 11 or a particular update that has occurred

I have installed DirectSoft and had it open with a blank list of CPU's to select from. When I opened an existing project it couldn't save it.

Had to go in the program properties and the Start menu shortcut properties, go to Change Settings For All Users and click Run As Admin so it was allowed to use the folders.

I have had when I only changed the program properties that clicking on the shortcut brought up a "Needs to be elevated" popup.