DL D2-CTRINT to encoder HELP!

NACarnes

Ok, last call for help. I have decided to use a D2-CTRINT high speed input card for encoder feed back from the Quick Silver controller. And I have decided to wire it parallel to the drive.
A+-----------------DRIVE
\----------------D2-CRTINT

B+-----------------DRIVE
\----------------D2-CRTINT

0v (com)-----------DRIVE
\----------D2-CRTINT

etc.

Is there an issue with this, if the feed voltage and common is the same source... really need help here! I want the PLC to have full control of the system, NO dual operating systems.

NACarnes
as long as both the count card and drive can use a single ended Quardrature input(A/B only) and are of the same type (open collector or Line driver) and they share a common voltage (0v for open collector) you can wire the A&B to one device and the A/&B/ to the other.

Tommy

Thanks for your input! I did finally get a hold of a tech from quicksilver, and he walked me through it. They do allow a command to the controller to allow encoder feed back to analog outputs 4,5,6 while still allowing input control to 7 (terminals on drive unit) from PLC for motor control. I guess this a new feature, not previously available. I think I can figure it all out now. Thanks for your help! Now I just have to figure out what to do with the info!!! Like I said, I am very new to the whole PID...cnc motion control thing, but it will be fun! Any help would be greatly appreciated

I just wanted to update on my project using the 250-1 cpu by DirectLogic to control a Quicksilver motor controller, just in case anyone is ever in need.
With much conversation from both AutomationDirect and Quicksilver, I used a D2-CTRINT card to read the signal fron the encoder. Although I had to create a make shift signal amplifier, as directed by AD, to increase the 5v signal from the controller encoder output to the 12-24v needed by the CTRINT card in the PLC. Programming was rather simple, using the counter proved in the CPU, spacifically for this card...CT174. NOTE: CTRINT must be in slot-0, next to the CPU. This card worked awesome... when motor moved in CCW, counter decreased, in CW, it increased... easy.
I then used a F2-02DA-2 output to control the speed of the motor, thru a 0-5vdc feed. The trick here was in the programming of the Quicksilver Drive to analize and use this signal. If anyone ever has any questions on this, I will be happy to post the program, or parts of it... being bound by disclosure release. As I said, the programming was relatively simple, and fun, and the press is working beautifully... Although, now I have figure out how to relate such information to the server, for tracking.
Best Reguards

Anyone needing more info on this, I will be glad to help, so there will be minimal 'suffering'. It took me a week to figure this out, and in the auto industry, that's a long time. Auto execs make millions, and then loose thier jobs in less time!