Ad Stp-drv-4035 / D2-ctrint

colerick

Stepper.GIF

What's wrong with above picture?

Motor rotates when output Y4 active.

I haven't been able to make this work bi-directionally.

Actually, it really shouldn't work as wired.

I'm confused....

Anyone have any experience with this combination?

Thanks,

Andy

I haven't done this but I can read manuals (and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night). According to the table on 5-25 you must change the top bit of V3631 in order to rotate the other direction.

By the way - the wiring looks correct - again according to the manual page 2-4.

Bernie,

The odd thing is that I'm storing K103 to V7637, so one output should act as pulse, the other as direction. ???

Andy

You are exactly right in what you say. But you are using Velocity output (V3630 = 2000). You use V3631/V3632 as the actual direction control. After changing that, turn on Y4 again. Y4 is just used as a 'GO' signal. My earlier post was incorrect in that I said it was the top bit of V3631. It's actually the top bit of V3632 which controls direction in your output. This will be reflected as a proper level on the DIR output.

Hey, it works!

Thanks Bernie,

What I didn't understand was the fact that pulse train on output 3 was triggered by turning on output 4. That fact wasn't very apparent in manual.

Thanks again,

Andy

Of course, if I had read 5-12.

"Choose the positioning profile then activate it by placing special values in consecutive addresses starting at the default address of V3630. Then, use the logical output, Y4, to start the pulse output."

That's where I missed it...

Thanks again,

Andy