Internet Display client

besan87

Hi
I want to use IDC on the client computer to run the citectscada project without installing citect scada in this computer can I do so ... I use the FTP server to load data between the internet server computer and the IDC client computer

best regards

I find Citect's use of the term "WebClient" a bit loose, the only web part about it is the graphical part which is served up using IIS, to get IO, Alarms and Trends the client PC talks directly to the Citect Servers, fine if you have one network, not fine if you have a routed or firewalled network.

Anyway, back to the question:

First question which version of Citect ?, IDC is old terminology the new one is called WebClient

You dont have to install Citect on the computer you are using as a client, usually what happens is that when somebody logs onto the WebClient website and clicks on the deployment it should download a small CAB file to install the required files to run the WebClient, no other isntall is required

Mkae usre you have your Citect server listed as a trusted site in IE as this will stop the download and subsequent install

There is a very detailed white paper in the Citect KB on installing and deploying the WebClient in version 7.0

thx for your reply
I'm using citectscada v 6 (craced)and I tried the web client but after downloading the project for about 3 seconds i have this error "no protection key found ..software protection failer" how can i fix that
best regards

Talk to Citect, i dont sell them.

If this "Craced" software is for anyting other than your purposes I hope your customers realise (if you have any) that you are bootlegging software for their systems.

Sorry - you won't get any help on that here.

huh ..
I used it for my graduation project only .. this why I didn't buy the software from Citect

besan87 said:
I'm using citectscada v 6 (craced)and I tried the web client but after downloading the project for about 3 seconds i have this error "no protection key found ..software protection failer" how can i fix that

huh ..
I used it for my graduation project only .. this why I didn't buy the software from Citect

If I was your instructor and discovered that you were using cracked software, you would fail the class -- and possibly be dismissed from the school.

As to the cracked statement. Citect uses a hardware Dongle for activation.
But it will allow you to run your project for 15 min if you are accessing a real IOdevice longer if only using memory or disk IOdevices. Also you will not be be able to use the networking features ie redundancy, also the project must be run as standalone it will not be able to access any IO servers on the network. A standalone PC cannot act as a IDC server.
Price is point count based

If I was your instructor and discovered that you were using cracked software, you would fail the class -- and possibly be dismissed from the school.

My instructor knows that ... we are in gaza where every software is cracked :p there is no law that prevent us from doing so .
anyway .. it's not a critical point I asked for a help only .. not for blaming me ok

Yes you can run IDC without installing Citect. But you do have to install the IDC software on the client PC.

I installed the IDC in the client computer and activate the ftp server .. does any changed needed to be done in the citect.ini ?? because i have the error message no ftp server was found on the server computer

@Besan
Did you find solution,It runs for few seconds then it stops,What should i do?

Do you really need IDC? that is only needed if you want to access Citect over a WAN/Internet. On a LAN, you only need to install the webserver and configure it correctly.

Regarding your specific issue, sorry i have never used IDC. does it give an error message before stopping?