a bit out of tune, again..sooorry:(

how about using all three barcodes @ the same time..here's the scenario:

1. one PC will be installed.
2. All three barcodes will be connected to the PC via USB.
3. These 3 barcodes are distant to the PC, and to each other, of at least 15-20 m.
4. There is a 100% probability that all three barcodes will be scanning at the same time.
5. A Virtual basic program will be made.
6. A PLC will interpret data given by the computer to control sensors.

My concern is:
1. Wouldn't there be a problem with this application? Regarding all barcodes scanning at the same instant.

I really some advice on this.

Hand scanners used by people or automated scanners?

USB hand scanners have drivers that make the input look just like it's coming from a keyboard. It works very quickly. Having 3 separate ones shouldn't be a problem.

A lot depends on how your VB program works. You should be able to write it to properly support your requirements.

The cable length will be an issue. USB is good for about 5m. You'll need a USB extension device. I recommend evaluating the Cat 5 based ones.

Hand scanners used by people or automated scanners?

We will use hand scanners. So i guess there wouldn't be a problem regarding this application. Thanks a lot :p Anyway, we will be using USB repeaters for the extension.

I am inviting you to view my new thread ( as seven-segment querry)..Perhaps you could help me :)

1. Wouldn't there be a problem with this application? Regarding all barcodes scanning at the same instant.
No, computers are good at doing more than one thing at the same time. They are able to do that because they can do it so fast that althogh the various scanners will be read in sequence, it will appear to us humans that it read all of them at the same time (unless you are Superwoman!)