Communication problems with PLC5/40

sharo

Hello everyone,

My problem is as follows:

I want to connect to a PLC PLC5 to see the busy inside but I do not know how to do it!

someone told me it must be connected via the DH + port using the map PCMK (1784 PCMK Series B) I have this card and I installed the driver that I found on the site Rockwell.
At RSlinx I found this driver, I added, a window appeared for the configuration (which I have not understood it). In any case, I pressed OK. And then the driver is Stopped mode!

I do not know, my friends, what do I do that it goes into runing?

again, I do not know if there is another way to connect to the PLC for loading / transfer program (via another network)?

Greeting​

Full part number perhaps?

PLC5/40's come in various flavors, with Serial ports, Ethernet, DH+, etc, but all should have at least a DH+ port.

Are your addresses set correctly? baud rate for the PCMK set correctly?

hi rdrast,

for configuration, I do not know what to do, I made nothing.

if I want to communicate with the serial port. how is the configuration?
can you explain me pleaaaaaaaase?​

hi rdrast,

for configuration, I do not know what to do, I made nothing.

if I want to communicate with the serial port. how is the configuration?
can you explain me pleaaaaaaaase?​

See PDF below for serial port method

Sharo, with PCMK card, when you get to the screen that said STOPPED, click on Start button.

If you don't get RUNNING, highlight the DH+ card entry in the list of Configured Drivers, then click Configure. There are not many options to play with. Network = DH+, DH+ speed = 57.6k. Station Number 0 should be ok but this is the one to change if you can't get comms.

Stop any other drivers that are running. Delete any other KT/PCMK drivers, but write down their configuration first. Disconnect PLC from any other network. Ignore any HELP screen information about memory addresses, this goes back to DOS days. Check out right-click options wherever you go.

It is good practice to have more than communication method available to you, so come back to the PCMK card even after you get the serial port running. It works perfectly well and was once the fastest thing on pins, but has been superseded by faster methods. Once you get it running it can be more long-term reliable than the serial port, because other applications also use that port and can either make you change settings, or can run in the background and not release the port.

. . . Station Number 0 should be ok but this is the one to change if you can't get comms.

I recommend changing this one right off the bat. It is very common for people to have a PLC as station zero or one, so I generally use 77 for programing terminals. However, I don't think that would keep the driver from running.

Sharo: What operating system are you using?

OkiePC, I think you're right, the driver would still run - but a Who would not show up another node with the same number? It's a long time since I saw a DH+ problem, but am I right in thinking that the error-reporting is not very well analysed? "Even" out-of-the-box Profibus and DeviceNet don't report duplicated node addresses unambiguously.

Sharo, we look forward to your replies, because they also contribute to our knowledge, and one day....

Hello my friends,

I regret not be able to respond until now, I was a little sick.

In fact, my problem is connect my pc to the controller or with the DH + port or the RS232 port and I prefer to use the easiest method of them.
Now, what bothers me is that I find no documentation on this subject. on the rockwell website I find very old documents for PLC5.
I need to use RSlix and Rslogix5 and this I can not find it!​

Can you my friends, help me pleaaaaaaaaase?

Hello my friends,

I regret not be able to respond until now, I was a little sick.

In fact, my problem is connect my pc to the controller or with the DH + port or the RS232 port and I prefer to use the easiest method of them.
Now, what bothers me is that I find no documentation on this subject. on the rockwell website I find very old documents for PLC5.
I need to use RSlix and Rslogix5 and this I can not find it!​

Can you my friends, help me pleaaaaaaaaase?

See links and PDF's below for help and I hope you are feeling better now.

PLC5 Enhanced Manual
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1785-um012_-en-p.pdf

1784-PCMK Manual
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1784-um519_-en-p.pdf

RSLinx Getting Results
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/linx-gr001_-en-e.pdf

All other AB manuals at link below...

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/public/documents/webassets/browse_category.hcst

Thank you Mickey,

I configured to communicate in RSlinx and this has worked (COMM LED lights green blinking)

The problem is at RSlogix5, I come not to load my program. By clicking the Dowload, a message appears saying:
"Dowload command failed"
"Do you want to try Log into a different Access Class"

Could you explain why I have this error and why my program does not load?

Thank you Mickey,

I configured to communicate in RSlinx and this has worked (COMM LED lights green blinking)

The problem is at RSlogix5, I come not to load my program. By clicking the Dowload, a message appears saying:
"Dowload command failed"
"Do you want to try Log into a different Access Class"

Could you explain why I have this error and why my program does not load?

Your welcome

See Link below

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp....mVyZW50IEFjY2VzcyBDbGFzcw**&p_li=&p_topview=1