Help with a simple project

jfeeney

I looked at the simple embedded plic today and would like to try using one. The product that I am looking at is CubLoc (www.cubloc.com) that support programming in basic and ladder logic on the same chip. I have a programming background so programming in basic will be no problem. I also feel that with a little effort I will learn PLC programming as well.

My problem will be that I have never wired anything before. I am a home-based one-person business. Is there a link to a web site that would give be the basic understanding on how to wire up a temperature sensor, humdity sensor, (?DC?) fan motor and a (?DC?) water pump.

I want to be able to turn on the fan and water pump when the sensors give be readings to do so.

Also, Does the CubLogic have a built in simulator?? or do you need to my the above kit and motor/sensor parts; put them together and then execute the program for testing.

Thanks for helping someone brand new to PLC environment.

John Feeney

Is there a link to a web site that would give be the basic understanding on how to wire up a temperature sensor, humdity sensor, (?DC?) fan motor and a (?DC?) water pump.
Yes, you are there now! If you give the details (brand, model, number of wires) of each item, someone here will tell you how to wire it up.

Your DC fan and water pump will have 2 wires (+ and -) and you can make the - "common" and connect them to your (-) terminal on your power supply. Run the (+) of your power supply to the CubeLoc relay board Power In, then run a wire from an relay Output terminal to each motor.

You will need the optional Relay Board which allows you to run devices up to 5 Amps at 30 Volts DC. The Industrial kit has a relay board included. Without the relay board, you will be severely limited as to what you can run with the CubLoc.

No, the CubLoc does not have a built-in simulation program.

Last edited: