Help with simple program

Hi All, there must be some bored PLC gurus around that 3 pages of info is about, on how to turn on a light.
Maybe more guidance for the young fellow in the realm of "read the manual" then he would know, he could then ask for explanations with some understanding of what he is doing.
But more importantly does he have an electrical license in NZ, as someone has connected the power supply of 240v to the terminals of the step down TX and you have all been giving him advice without any suggestion to safety standards. Unless he is an licensed electrician or an apprentice being supervised by an licensed electrician he is not by law allowed to have been playing with supply voltage terminations, even though the other side is 24V,(but of course he will say someone gave it to him like this).
So don't get caught out advising what to do to people that may not be licensed to play with things electrical. Very high dollar penalties and possible jail time for playing with any voltage over 32 V AC unless an electrician or supervised apprentice in NZ and Australia

Regards

Thanks Duckman.

I am in the process of learning simple PLC applications and am very thankful for the patience people in this thread have shown to help me.

I do not see what the point of your post is, if you are worried about 240VAC I can let you know I have worked with up to 20kV as I know what I am doing and am a young engineer. I have not worked with PLC's ever in my life hence am double checking each step, and again will repeat am thankful for people helping.

I am sure once I have the simple basics down, I will not require as much help from there on.

Hi All, there must be some bored PLC gurus around that 3 pages of info is about, on how to turn on a light.
Maybe more guidance for the young fellow in the realm of "read the manual" then he would know, he could then ask for explanations with some understanding of what he is doing.
But more importantly does he have an electrical license in NZ, as someone has connected the power supply of 240v to the terminals of the step down TX and you have all been giving him advice without any suggestion to safety standards. Unless he is an licensed electrician or an apprentice being supervised by an licensed electrician he is not by law allowed to have been playing with supply voltage terminations, even though the other side is 24V,(but of course he will say someone gave it to him like this).
So don't get caught out advising what to do to people that may not be licensed to play with things electrical. Very high dollar penalties and possible jail time for playing with any voltage over 32 V AC unless an electrician or supervised apprentice in NZ and Australia

Regards

I am thankful that Mr. Tesla never had to follow 'rules' like this.

Just to round off my cynicism, l believe a "Qualified Electrical Engineer" not maybe a, "studying to be an Electrical Engineer" (not that it makes any difference) is not allowed to physical work on electrical equipment, unless they get approval from the supply authority (unless things have changed).
I am only suggesting to others that telling others how to do some things and something goes wrong people could be liable.
Not that most people are interested in that, you want to learn how to turn on a light with a PLC, which l hope by now having time to read the manual, you would have seen it wasn't very hard, particular that you are an electrical engineer.

kwade
Quote:

As a licensed electrician in OZ/most probable NZ as they are the same wiring regulations, unless you have a business/contractor license you have to get approval from the supply authority to wire your OWN home, or your next of kin, otherwise you are not allowed to do any type of work which could be classed as being paid for.
So unlike most other country's there is a reasonable high standard of work (not that l believe a lot of is tradesman like, but that is because there are very few of us tradesman out there, ((l class myself as one because l was taught well)), so would love to see some work that has little regulation/inspection as in other countries) as it it regulated and inspected (sometimes, it used to be every house, until privation of the inspectors), with the worst infringements, meaning loosing your electrical registration/license (not to be taken lightly as it is a 4/5 year apprenticeship).

kwade
Quote:
Please don't take my previous post as 'anti-professionalism' or let's see what kind of cr@p-job we can get away with attitude.
The safety/standardization aspects of the laws/regulation as directed toward industrial/residential/commercial installations are necessary. That is not in question.

The wording of your statement "Very high dollar penalties and possible jail time for playing with any voltage over 32 V AC unless an electrician or supervised apprentice in NZ and Australia " equates to Stick a screwdriver into a Tesla coil - go DIRECTLY to Jail! Burdensome.
Maybe you DIDN'T mean to imply that experimenters should go to jail if they don't have the blessing of a licensing/regulating body.

Last edited:
Hi Kwade,
The wording of your statement "Very high dollar penalties and possible jail time for playing with any voltage over 32 V AC unless an electrician or supervised apprentice in NZ and Australia " equates to Stick a screwdriver into a Tesla coil - go DIRECTLY to Jail! Burdensome.
Maybe you DIDN'T mean to imply that experimenters should go to jail if they don't have the blessing of a licensing/regulating body.

I'm sure you can't understand what is written, but that is not my law it is the government law.
What l am more interested in is your comment about experimenters with electricity,"experimenters", it isn't the 1800's.
see above about penalties. But jail time would be for serious breaches, not for wiring things unless they lead to death or injury.