Hirschamn Switches Autonegociate speeds

aztalce

Hi guys

Does any one have experience with the Hirschamn switches working on Rockwell Ethernet IP network, I have 2 switches Hirscman Open Rail RS20, connected mostly with AB devices ( saftey modules, drives, point I/O).

The problem that I see is that whenever I restart the network,some devices , mainly the safety modules, goes to Half duplex, 10 Mbps.

I checked already RPI, autonegociate settings in both sides, and the IP/subnet mask for all devices , everything looks OK.

Actually the only way to have 100 Mbps/Full duplex in that devices, is reset the Hirschman switches one at the time, that why I think have to be related with the switch

Thanks in advance

Regards

EC

I've used the Spider 5TX switch with Compact and Control logix for connecting them to CTC HMI, G3 HMI, PC HMI & PC RSLogix programming.

Had no problem. I don't know what speed it went to 'cause as long as it talked , I didn't care.

What exactly do you mean by "restart the network" ?

Do you mean you cycle power to all the devices in the system, including the Hirschmann RS20 switches ?

Or do you mean that you cycle power to the Hirschmann RS20 switches only ?

Have you tested your Ethernet cable to be certain it is well terminated ? There are many good cable testing products on the market.

You wouldn't be working in a GM plant would you?

We had that same problem in Spring Hill, and I think that the problem was fixed by a firmware upgrade.

I'll ask around and see if one of my buddies remembers what was the exact problem was (and what was the solution).

while ago we used Spider 5TX and 8TX and we had several issues with both. problems were speed negotiation and connection. i could live with speed issues but connection problems are no go. once we switched to other brands, problems are gone.

I have a network with three RS-30's and one RS-20. They have been in for over a year with no issues. If I remember correctly I have the speeds set so all my AB products use full duplex and the TI ethernet card to half duplex. I remember when I put the first switch in that I had to reboot to get one CLX to go back to full duplex and that is when I set it to full duplex. I also remember reading somewhere that you should not use the Autonegociate settings. It is hard to remember because the network runs without a single issue.

Last edited:
Hi

We try both, the whole shutdown and only the switches. Reset only the switches, one at the time, I get the 100/Full speeds. I will check the firmware of the Hirschman , they change it very often

Thanks for all your answers

Regards

EC