Help Setting up 1769-HSC with prox switches

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I am having trouble setting up my HSC to count pulses from a prox switch. I have it wired to the prox and I see the .InputStateA0 trigger however, The current count value never changes from 0. It is a 1769-HSC/A. Input config is 2 counters, no filters. Counter config is pulse external direction, storage mode is Store on rising Z, and Linear Counter. I have been perusing the book as I go but I am getting no where fast. Any help would be great.

Another issue I have is....whilst online, some of the changes I make to the properties crashes RSL5000 with a fatal error. The CPU is running v20.04.

You have to enable the counters by toggling a bit have you done this? I believe you have to toggle the bit everytime you need to make a change as well, if you do not disable it and try to make a change it will freak out the controller, from my memory.

You have to enable the counters by toggling a bit have you done this? I believe you have to toggle the bit everytime you need to make a change as well, if you do not disable it and try to make a change it will freak out the controller, from my memory.

Thank you sir, I forgot to do that all important step! :p