Rs500 & 5000 slow to load

kentuckytech

Has anyone had the problem i am having with rs 500 and rs5000, when i try to open either one the splash screen will pop up and stay from 2 to 6 minutes and then it will go away followed by 2 to 4 more minutes of nothing than finally the application will open. I am running xp with sp2 and i have 1.5 gigs of ram.I just got this laptop but my previous one did the same thing. Sometimes I can try to open them up and they never will but i can go into the device manager and it will show up as a running process. The other odd thing is on some days it will open alot faster than others.They are activated correctly. Thanks for any help offered.

Is your activation local to the laptop?

I have seen systems act that way when the software was configured to look for activation on a network drive that was unavailable, even though a local activation existed.

For floppy disk activaion: There is a system environment variable called CHECKDRIVES you can add using control panel -> system -> advanced -> environment variables.

Set the value of CHECKDRIVES to "C" for the local hard drive (or what ever drive letter you have your activation installed on)

For factory talk activations, search the knowledgebase at ab.com for some possible corrective actions.

Paul