RS500 and RS5000 Locking some part of the program?

Jeff23spl

Hello

I use to work with AB program occasionnaly so i know the basics...
On a special case, i have to do a program with everything open to customer exept some specific engeneering calculs that needs to remain protected.

With a Siemens plc i would just make the calcul in a special locked file and allow the customer to see the input/outputs of that file like a function block.

I don't know yet if it will need to be with RS500 or rs5000.

I expect 5000 allow this but i'm wondering if 500 allow it too since it is an older soft...?

If someone can point me the start place for doing it or how generaly it should be done for AB philosophy, i would greatly appreciate it too.

Thanks

I know for a fact that you can password protect entire subroutines in RSLogix 500 with a MicroLogix 1400. No promises for other processors and I don't have Logix available at this moment to check.

I know for a fact that you can password protect entire subroutines in RSLogix 500 with a MicroLogix 1400. No promises for other processors and I don't have Logix available at this moment to check.

BJH is referring to the 'View Disable' option. It is only supported for the Micro 1400's, according to the manual... Thanks btw, i learned something new myself.

I have a couple of Micro 1100's that I have password protected the entire project with. You can't even see the logic w/o the correct password.