cscape-pinout for proggramig cable

bmz

Hi guys,

I try to communicate whit cscape plc, but in Monterrey Mexico there is not a branch for horner, i want to built a cable but the only thing that i know is: MJ1 is for programming... I find the pinout for RJ45 in cscape but i dont know what pinout is for DB9 end, please somebady can help me

Hi guys,

I try to communicate whit cscape plc, but in Monterrey Mexico there is not a branch for horner, i want to built a cable but the only thing that i know is: MJ1 is for programming... I find the pinout for RJ45 in cscape but i dont know what pinout is for DB9 end, please somebady can help me
Nothing special about the cable.
You can buy a DB9 to RJ45 adapter at Radio Shack but here goes the pinout (I too use my own homemade cable)

DB9 side RJ45 side
pin 3 --pin 2
pin 2 --pin 1
pin 5 --pin 3
MJ1 is the default programming port for the Horner units.
If you have to use a comms protocol to "talk" to any other equipment , use MJ2 port and the right protocol and leave MJ1 alone.
Warning: The pin out for MJ2 is different, do Not plug in this cable to MJ2.

Last edited:
thanks my friend,

in fact, CN1 port is open by modbus slave and CsCAN is ready for smartstix, so MJ1 its free.

MJ2 doesn´t exist in our plc, only MJ1, but i will check for any surprise.

I apreciate you help.

Last edited:
only one doubt, in the 34 page of the Manuals is there only the pins for MJ1, in this page say that pin number 3 is for +5V, is correct conect whit a pin number 5 for the DB9 that normally is ground.

saludos

Which PLC model and such and which manual?
I can take a look.
The pinout is goo for all XLe, XLt and XL6 series models.
Or, you can attach the PDF here and we'll take a look.

the plc is OCS LX HELX300C100 AND THE MANUAL THATH I SAW IS

MAN0755-03.pdf

LOOKING FOR PAGE 34, MAYBE I SAW A DIFFERENT MANUAL, I DON´T KNOW. :oops: :oops: :oops:

SO, I HAVE A SERIAL PORT, RJ45 AND CABLE, READY FOR MAKE THE INTERFASE CABLE, AND I PREFEER RS232 FOR COMMUNICATE WHIT MY LAPTOP, OR YOU RECOMMEND RS485.

Last edited:
The LX300 has a DB25 connection for the second port. It should be labeled as "CN1" on the back of the unit.

You should use MJ1 for your PC connection, and CN1 for your I/O communications.

I USE THE PORT CALLED MJ1 FOR TRY TO COMMUNICATE, THIS PORT IS AN RJ45 AND THE MANUAL THATH I SAW WAS MAN0755-03.pdf IN THE HORNER PAGE, OVER THE PAGE 34 THERE IS A DRAWING FOR THE RJ45 AND A TABLE WHIT SIGNALS FOR EVERY PIN, ITS LIKE THE NEXT:

PIN RJ45 SIGNALS
1 +SD/RD (RS-485)
2 -SD/RD (RS-485)
3 +5V
4 +5V
5 0V
6 0V
7 RXD (RS-232)
8 TXD (RS-232)

I DON´T KNOW WICH PIN OF RJ45 WHIT WHICH PIN OF DB9, FOR MAKE A RS232 CABLE INTERFASE AND SEE THE PROGRAMMING OF THE HORNER CSCAPE PLC.

Last edited:
It looks like bkottaras and I are reading our RJ45 plugs opposite of each other.

Mine refers to the RJ45 as shown on page 34 of your manual, tab side down, with the end of the cable pointing away from you, pin 8 is farthest to the right.