Cscape program

shockwave78

I am working on a program in Cscape to calculate a flow in gpm with a pulse input. Currently, the data collection, labeled as minute counter and gallon counter work properly, as well as the flow calculation, but the display on the plc shows the same number regardless of the actual result. it seems to me like the displayed number is a maximum or something similar because it is in the billions. maybe a max value for a given bit number?

Attached are screenshots of the program

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-06-21 125951.png Screenshot 2023-06-21 130007.png

Can you post a screenshot taken when you are online with the PLC so we can the data values you're seeing? Also, which %R address you're talking about?

When are you resetting the integers with accumulated gallons (%R00012) and minutes (%R00004)? If those ever reach a value of 32767, the corresponding ADD_INT instructions will fail.

The %R address corresponding to the display is %R00018 at the bottom under the flow calculation comment. I am not currently resetting the values for %R00012 and %R00004 because the system will not run long enough to max the values out.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 142348.png Screenshot 2023-06-21 142425.png 20230621_143548.jpg

worked like a charm, thank you for the help as I am just getting into plc programming. I'm sure I will have many more questions.

Thanks again,

Grant