How to simulate trend in CITECT

Henry_Wang

Hi ,
I am writing citect function to read trend , is anyone know how to simulate trend from stand alone CITECT server?
Thanks

Hi ,
I am writing citect function to read trend , is anyone know how to simulate trend from stand alone CITECT server?
Thanks

Yes

1. Create a disk IODevice
2. Create a tag on that device
3. Create a trend tag based on that tag
4. Use the RAND function on an event to put values into the tag created in step 2

Hey,

to create data you can also use following functions:

TestRandomWave
Generates a random wave.

TestSawWave
Generates a saw wave.

TestSinWave
Generates a sine wave.

TestSquareWave
Generates a square wave.

TestTriangWave
Generates a triangular wave.

just put one of those functions in the expressions field of the trend definition.

Marsi

Hi Mate,
I craet a disk IO server and IO device, and tag on IO device. b ut when compile it always show "bad IO device". why?
Thanks lot

I just found out which I used wrong address. and I also wrote some function as below.
REAL Tag1
FUNCTION RandValue(REAL Random)

WHILE(1) DO
Tag1=Rand(101);
SleepMS(1000);
END
RETURN;
END