CTC Powerpanel P1 - Will not recognize Touchscreen after moving app to new Flash Card

sanger

We have a CTC Interact application on an 8MB Compact Flash that we need to modify. I didn't want to risk damaging the original Flash card since it's our only backup so did the following:

- Uploaded the application from the original card using the MachingShop Transfer Wizard
- Made the required changes in Interact
- Used FlashUtil.exe to initialize a new Compact Flash card (64MB).
- Downloaded the application to the new card using the Transfer Wizard.

When trying to boot the PowerStation P1 with the new Flash card installed it stops and reports "TOUCHSCREEN INITIALIZATION FAILURE". Tracing back through the AUTOEXEC.BAT shows that the IDPWR -T command is failing to recognize the display device. Even just booting a Flash card that has been initialized with FlashUtil.exe with no other changes produces the same error.

I have tried copying the entire contents of the original Flash card to the new card just to make sure that there are no file version issues but I still get the same error. The original card continues to boot without errors.

We have a CTC Interact application on an 8MB Compact Flash that we need to modify. I didn't want to risk damaging the original Flash card since it's our only backup so did the following:

- Uploaded the application from the original card using the MachingShop Transfer Wizard
- Made the required changes in Interact
- Used FlashUtil.exe to initialize a new Compact Flash card (64MB).
- Downloaded the application to the new card using the Transfer Wizard.

When trying to boot the PowerStation P1 with the new Flash card installed it stops and reports "TOUCHSCREEN INITIALIZATION FAILURE". Tracing back through the AUTOEXEC.BAT shows that the IDPWR -T command is failing to recognize the display device. Even just booting a Flash card that has been initialized with FlashUtil.exe with no other changes produces the same error.

I have tried copying the entire contents of the original Flash card to the new card just to make sure that there are no file version issues but I still get the same error. The original card continues to boot without errors.

Is there a limitation as to the max size of flash card the ctc can handle? I've seen other devices have issues with memory cards before..

To be safe I'd make an iso of the original, or use a program like Ghost. I've had great success with ghost on ctc units..

The documentation states Flash sizes up to 128MB are supported. I might have an old copy of Ghost somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Are you using a flash card that was supplied by CTC? I have had problems in the past when I used an off the shelf card. According to CTC, the cards that they supply are made to act as a hard drive and are not the same as you find in the stores. Other then that it sounds like you have a problem with the flash back utility. How old is the utility install? I have an older copy that I can send you if it is a version problem.

Kevin

There are two versions of the Flashback Utility - one for the PS and another for the PA series. Do you know which one you HMI uses? Since you have a spare CF card, you can try the other version of the Flashback Utility (http://www.ctcusa.com/ctcnet/support/Flash.asp)

We successfully used the SanDisk brand of CF cards with CTC. We have tried another brand name that did not work, but I do not remember what did not work.