CTC PLC Software & Automation - Ever Heard Of It?

ZestyMozzarella

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone ever heard of CTC PLC's? Not even sure if they're around anymore, I think they source out of Hopkinton MA but I could be wrong. They seem a bit archaic in terms of software interface. I believe they're windows based architecture for C++ or similar based coding in Windows. Their claim to fame would appear to be "faster" processing than modern PLC brands. The idea would be that they solely process any given step and don't process a global sweep, only the individual parts of code that are actively being utilized by the machine or "system".

They boast fast sweep times, saying average processing below 8ms but the thing is...don't most modern PLC's like Siemens and AB sweep 3-4ms on average anyway? I fail to see how they would be an advantage in assembly language style. Somewhat reminds me of labview.

Anyway, I'm just curious...has anyone ever run into this "CTC" PLC brand and would they endorse it or is it a run for the hills platform? Curious what people think and whether any exposure around here exists? Thanks!

CTC Interact software, but it was for hmi’s
I’ve heard and used it back in the day
Never once had a problem.

Way before Parker owned them and they were out of Ohio in those days

Last edited: