Anyone familiar with Click Programming Software (Automation Direct)

darkesha

Hi all,

I am installing sprinklers in my backyard (since I have to put grass this weekend), and hose - terminating and valve wiring should be done by next weekend. I am also not sure about type of control I will implement.
Either I would use one of those simple timers (from home depo) or one of these little sub-100 bucks Automation Direct PLC's.
I looked into their software and I got lost.
I have a decent experience with Allan Bradley systems but this looks more primitive (as is) then old PLC2.
I am wondering, for example, if I can compare accumulated value of timer with some integer (ex: T1 = 7 (and) T2 = 30) which would trigger a output, which would mean that at 7.30 in the morning one of my sprinkler zones would turn on.
Which instruction would I have to use ?
If this isn't possible I would probably go with one of the timers from Home Depo.

For the cost.... I would go with the home depo model, unless you have an enclosure to mount it in, the sprinkler timers are made for out doors, I know the AD plc is cheap.. but I think you will have issues with it outside.

I am going to download the software this weekend, I have a PLC but have not had time to try it.

For the cost.... I would go with the home depo model, unless you have an enclosure to mount it in, the sprinkler timers are made for out doors, I know the AD plc is cheap.. but I think you will have issues with it outside.

I am going to download the software this weekend, I have a PLC but have not had time to try it.

In any case the controller would be installed in the basement, and wires run outside to the valves.
So that would not be an issue.

It's just too hard to understand that some things are not as easy and as normal as they are in RS5/RS5000

I just downloaded it... I like it, very simple to use.

It does not look like they have a clock so you would need to roll your own (like you said), but keep with the round hrs and it would make it much easier, start at 7 not 7:30 and run for X

The timer address that you would compare is the TD's, so the compares would be A to B (TD1 to TD2) or you could send these to a file and read them from there.

Overall I think they are good...

The new CPUs which have analog inputs also have battery back up for data and a real time clock. Of course they cost about double the first CPUs which aren't so well endowed.

I am wondering, for example, if I can compare accumulated value of timer with some integer (ex: T1 = 7 (and) T2 = 30) which would trigger a output, which would mean that at 7.30 in the morning one of my sprinkler zones would turn on.
Which instruction would I have to use ?
If this isn't possible I would probably go with one of the timers from Home Depo.

darkesha,

As Bernie mentioned the new analog PLC's ($129) have a real time clock. The addresses for the time clock are only found in the address picker and not in the manual (Opps! Icky, if you read this, it needs to be in the manual - memory map area. Also check out the underscore comment. It contradicts what the built in nickname is! )
underscore.JPG

You can select the compare contact two ways.

compare.jpg

I cant remember what was the problem, but I think I could not send the accumulated value to the file in order to have this value compared.
Only thing that I could get off the timer was the Dn bit.
I dont have the software with me, so this might not be true.