Function Blocks and their execution

turbohamad

Hi Fellows;
I have rs logix 5000 version 10 to 16.I work on gas turbine control in dubai. but i am new on the topics of function blocks.
i need help on the output calculation of diffrent instructions like RLIM,LAGLEAD,MAOVE,PID AND etc
i can not understand the rate limiter function yet.
if any body knows how to calculate the output of rate limiter please guide me?
in my case if
in=60
inc rate=0.5
dec rate=50
delta t=.019
how can i calculate the output?
image attached.
any body have a link about any document which shows these instruction execution with example please send me i am very thankful to him
Hamad

RLIM.jpg

hi
ok u will right. can u understand from their that how to calculate the rate limiter output and delta t.if u are,please send me one example or calculate output from my data which is attached.
tanks

THE RLIM function allows you to control the rate of change of an analog value. The IncRate sets the max number of units of change per second when the analog value is rising(increasing). The DecRate sets the max number of units of change per second when the analog value is falling(decreasing). In Application, the input is the raw analog and the output is the ramped result.

THANKS FOR REPLY
In the help file the slope is calculated as under
slope=INn-OUTn-1/delta t
can is it possible to calculate the slope/ramp?
In my example how can i calculate the ramp?

hi
i understand that if the incomming value changed gretaer than define inc rate in one second then it limits the value and same as dec rate.
suppose in=60 incrate=0.5 dec rate=50 then
in one second value in changed only 0.5 means out=60.5
if again it try to changed with in that second the output still remain on 60.5 am i right?
please help

Example: If the "In" changed from 60 to 70 then it will take 20 seconds to ramp up to 70.

60 to 70 = change of 10.

Increase 10 at max rate of .5 per second = 20 seconds

If the "In" changed from 60 to 50 then it will only take 1 second.

60 to 50 = change of 10

Decrease 10 at max rate of 50 per second = 1 seconds