MOV Function

Lekuru

First of all, i want to thank you all for all your help. We that being said, Attach is a sample of my program, i am having trouble determining what i am doing wrong. Because the other subroutines are being excuted , the initial setting will kept overwriting my change every program cycle. What can i do to solve this. Again, thank you for all your help

Lekeru:

It appears you are using Allen Bradley. Which line and model?
What exactly are you trying to achieve with the sample you gave?
Are the N Register and Output modified anywere else in your program?
If this is part of a bigger program, posting the entire program would help.
Your Word file shows the rungs still in edit mode, so they aren't going to do anything.
Better information from you, will help us give you better advice.

Stu.....

How do i make sure that my initial setting does not keep overwriting the new changes

We have no idea what part of this document represents the 'initial setting'. In fact it shows rungs being edited, as pointed out by SThompson, so that we don't know the state of the program.

Please include enough to show the rung's which perform the 'initial setting'. Identify specifically which addressed locations you are concerned about.

If you can post the entire program it will give us a better idea what you are talking about. Otherwise we are totally in the dark.

I don't know about your programs, but here are a couple of suggestions.

It is probably better if you share your work in PDF.
Some people are hesitant to download Word docs.
You can get a PDF writer from the web like cute PDF

Oh yeah, IE sucks, You really should be using Firefox. :D

How to replace old number with a new one

I hope this best described my situation.....What i am trying to do in the sample attached is that when a bit is true an initial value is mov into (o:i.5) but if one of the condition we set come through (i.e B3:8/0 on rung 0001 not 7 my mistake)and the force is less than 15000 add 100 and replace (O:1.5) with with the new value , which will make it our new number. For example if b3:8/0 comes through add 100 to initial setting and the new number will be 15100. By the way i am using micrologix 1100. Hope this helps

I hope this best described my situation.....What i am trying to do in the sample attached is that when a bit is true an initial value is mov into (o:i.5) but if one of the condition we set come through (i.e B3:8/0 on rung 0001 not 7 my mistake)and the force is less than 15000 add 100 and replace (O:1.5) with with the new value , which will make it our new number. For example if b3:8/0 comes through add 100 to initial setting and the new number will be 15100. By the way i am using micrologix 1100. Hope this helps
Well, that is somewhat less vague, however, your first and second examples are completely different.
Based on your second example, if B8/0 comes true and O:1.5 is less than 15000 for 20 ms (Did you really want that short of a delay?) you will add the current value in N7:6 to O:1.5 for one scan because of the one shot.
However, if B7/0 is still true O:1.5 will go back to 15000 on the next scan. If it is not true, then O:1.5 will go to zero, because there is nothing updating it.
Also in Rung 2, when T4:13 is not done, you will be adding 100 to N7:6 every scan until the timer is done, or you overlflow N7:6 (Maximum 32,767).
Again, better information about what you are trying to do, what are you controlling, why would the two B3 Bits come true, and what response you would expect from the output device, would greatly help us in giving your advice.

1. Does anything else in the program affect the value in O:1.5 other than the rungs you show?

2. Do you have a specific purpose for the timer?

If you want this - "If B3:8/0 turns on and O:1.5 < 15000 then only once add 100 to O:1.5" then you don't need the timer. Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Sorry for the delay..... I will try to explain myself because each time i try to attach a sample i seem to convinced people who were try to help me even more. My initial setting is set at 15000 this happen after the the machine starts up, and when pulse equal to 20 i want to subtract 1000 from the initial value and make the new number which will know be 14000 as the new value that the machine recognized from then on.

For the better part of last week i trying different way for the machine to recognized the new value with no success. It substract it quite well but it used the new subtracted number as the real number. Any inputs, will greatly be appreciated

Lekuru,

Take a look at this web site to see how to create a zipped folder so that you can attach a program to your posts.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306531

Now create a zipped folder on your desktop and name it. Once you have created the zipped folder, drag/drop a copy of your RSLogix program to the zipped folder. This will automatically compress the file for uploading to the forum. Then on your next forum post you can upload and attach the zipped file (.zip extension) that you created.

What is the Units on the X axis?
You said Pulse, Is it Time?
Does it go back to 15000 on a restart of the machine?

15000.jpg

Sorry Any inputs, will greatly be appreciated

Please read this carefully:

We can't help you until you provide ALL the information being asked for, including your program.

There are many things that could be causing the problem that you think you have, and you are the only one who has the information necessary to figure it out.