digital swich FnC 72, smov and BIN function

sheryl86_ann

I encountered a digital switch and zi tried to use [DSW S D1 D2 n] where S is the head device (x), d1 (head device (Y), D2 is the device number for storing the numeric value of a digital switch and n as the total # of 4 digit switch sets (4 digits/ set)(n=1 or 2)... I understand that the digital switch has 0-9 inputs which is BCD. Do i have to convert this to binary first? When i tried, [BIN K1X D1] will give me a different output equivalent? Did the shorting of the input wires here matters? the input wires for x are shorted (can be seen in the manual also 15.3 section of FNC 72.. the outputs Y also will turn on every 100ms.. I thought putting the M8029 ( execution complete flag will do.. but it still goes ON even on the next cycle.. Which part is wrong> everything in my program?

I also tried the SMOV S M1 M2 D N function.. is it necessary here? Im still not solve with the digital switch... I would appreciate if someone can send me a sample program you used before.. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Sheryl -Philippines