Level transmitter input averaging

jschwalb

Running 90-70's with cimplicity 6.1 and machine ed. 5.5.
Have two LT's in one tank and need a way to average the 2 in plc logic to show as bar graph on cimplicity project screen.
Any ideas?

If you're going to do as danw suggested, you should first convert the analog inputs to REAL or DINT variables. The raw data range in the %AI variables could be big enough that when you add two together, the result is greater than +32767, in which case you'll get an incorrect result if you add INT variables.

Thanks,

I'll post my solution when I'm finished, I have to account for any one of the 2 LT's not giving a value due to low volume and rig list.

Similar Topics

hi all...i'm still confusing about scaling in PLC..need ur help, please.. i have a differential level transmitter, the signal is 4-20mA,and...
Replies
Views
hi all...i'm still confusing about scaling in PLC..need ur help, please.. i have a differential level transmitter, the signal is 4-20mA,and analog...
Replies
Views
How fail safe mode in level transmitter works? customer requesting for fail safe mode when the transmitter got any issue or power loss on the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Just wondering what the best/most accepted way to measure tank level off pressure transmitter. Pressure transmitter is located in line...
Replies
Views
The original Rosemount pressure transmitter was configured to give them the 5 million gallon tanks level in inches. It died so they put in a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom