Beckhoff Ethercat Problem!

klikopc

Hi!

I use a PC with Beckhoff Twincat as the control system that is connected via a ethernet cable to a EtherCat unit with 2 EL1008(8 Inputs) units, 2 EL2008(8 outputs) units and a EL3203(temperature sensor).
Everytime the Ethercat power supply goes(PC still has power) down or someone disconnects/reconnects the ethernet cable, Twincat can't reastablish the connection with the EtherCat unit. The program is still running, but without the connection to EtherCat.
I have to restart the Twincat System runtime to get the connection back.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to detect the connection loss within the Twincat program itself or some other way to solve this?

Thanks
Matic

Sounds like the ethercat master is not returning to OP state - you can request OP state using FB_EcReqMasterState in the EtherCAT library, or have a dig around the EtherCAT configuration in System Manager - it can probably do this automatically if configured.

Roger