ML 1000 Retentive Data Lost

techimnot

It would be clear to most, but not me. My ML1000 faults out with "retentive data lost" It is a simple program with one Proximity input, and two solenoid outputs. It will run for a while and then fault out. Sometimes it includes a "Major Error Fault. I have the "fat green wire" as Mr. Roach calls it, in place.

Three questions,
  1. Can the lost data fault cause the major fault?
  2. Can I put a rung in Ladder 3, User Fault, with a XIC always off snd an OTE as S:5/8?
  3. We do not have any snubbers in the shop until Monday, but could the lack of these be causing this problem?
I read these thoughts in other threads and just want to verify that these could be possible solutions. I don't want to fry the ML1000 as I have a hard enough time getting my boss to buy nuts and bolts.

Any nudging you can offer this novice would be greatly appreciated.🤞🏻

Well, I "borrowed" a couple of snubbers from another line and it ran 5,500 cycles. It then faulted and when I went to the error status everything was normal. No faults, no message. Reset from Logix and we are running again. A glitch? A UFO hovering over the building?:unsure:
I think you guys identified the main problem for me, and this is a used ML 1000 that sat in an outdoor whse for a couple of years. I'll let 'er run and see what transpires.

Well the ML 1000 ran several shifts, about 50,000 machine cycles. The Major Error S:6 =8h reared its head. The message was "A fatal internal software error occured." Also lost the retentive data which probably triggered the Major. Correct?

Is the internal software error due to my writing of the program?
Could it be a hardware problem as this is a used ML 1000?

The cycle time is .55 to .75 seconds. All I am doing is using one input to control two solenoids for positioning. Snubbers and the "big fat green wire" are installed.

Shoud I control these solenoids with timers instead of latching?

There are several elements to be added to this program, but need to get it to run this way first.
Any help appreciated,
Jim

Unless you have a massively huge program those time are way out of line. Can you post the program? Can you do a screen shot of the report of the cycle time? It might be you are misinterpreting the reading.