SLC BTW BTR to 1794-IE4XOE2

Anyone have the AB tech document that is locked out

I have three 1794 ASB miodules (E) and and they are all communicating to 32 point input cards (discretely. On one of the ASB E I have an additional 1794 - IE4XOE2 that refuses to work (I followed the AB manual and set the bits in word 3 as 0-10 Vdc and full scale for all channels. I have replaced the `a' version to a B version.

My block transfer is alternating correctely between BTW and BTR The 15 th bit that indicates the unit has been configured is not set to a 1 so i figure it has to be the way this unit is being configured.

I will post the settings of the ASB later tonight as well as the prgram.

Is there perhaps an ommission in the documents from AB or is this another quark.

I am on site in Quebec and I was using a French keyboard. The ASB-E has it's dip switches as follows SW1 #1 - #8 11110011, SW#2 #1-#8 11001101

Note I am using three 1794-ASB(e's) the first one is communicating to a single 16 Point (1794-IB16) the second is communicating to a single 32 Point (1794-IB32) and the third is communicating to a single 32 point (1794-IB32) and an Analog 4in 2 Out (1794). These I/O blocks are rotating on a machine at about 150 RPM and we are using them for tension control and Broken wire sensing. This is not the first machine we have done, it is however the first time I have added this Analog I/O card.

After the previous e-mail I decided to set the Word #2 bits 0 and 1 to a 1 and word 3 is set to 0011111100111111. I connected the second output back to the third input and I was able to modulate the output and see the input change accordingly. I removed the second word (changed to 0) and the outputs were frozen at zero once again.

Again I was reviewing the AB website and found the so called example for BTW / RTW from an SN to the 1794-IE4OE2 it is dissapointing that this information is now 'locked' and only available for service agreement customers. As for being copyrighted material give me a break, it is just a way for AB to boost their revenue.

If anyone wants to send me this locked file I would to review this file.