Possible to Reverse the direction of an Omron Servo drive without reprogramming?

sanger

We have a small Omron PLC (CPM1A) and Servo Drive (R88D-UO12LA) running a label machine. The installation needs to be switched to operating from the opposite side. The operation will be indentical with the exception that the servo drive needs to rotate in the opposite direction from before. I'm not that familiar with Omron Servos. Is it possible to reverse the direction of the drive with a wiring change or is reprogramming the only option.

Thanks

You need to determine how the controller is wired from the CPM1A. Most of them have a direction control, you could set this and be sorted, all depends....

Some have 2x pulse outputs, some have 1 & a direction, all depends on how it is configured.

The last one I did, I have set bit 15 of the High word of the no of pulse to output instruction.

Can you post a copy of the code, wiring information etc, then we can have a look and see what is possible.

The solution turned out to be fairly simple. We aquired an R88A-PRO2U hand programmer (not easy to find these days) and it was just a matter of toggling bit 0 of Parameter Cn-02.