SLC 500 PID Control to make working 100%

amruthkiran

Please Help me to make this PID working.

I had done PID according to AB manual but it is not working.

when I am manully changing the CV at setup output control varibale is changing But when I am putting auto PID control CV & control variable ouput not changing.

Output always remain at zero.

Please help me to make my PID working

I am attaching the PID program

If the posted program is an accurate reflection of how you have it set up. You have the Gain, Integral, and Derivative set to zero. So, the PID can't do much. Try starting with a Gain of 1, and take it from there.

Stu....

Sthomson is right

If the posted program is an accurate reflection of how you have it set up. You have the Gain, Integral, and Derivative set to zero. So, the PID can't do much. Try starting with a Gain of 1, and take it from there.

Stu....

Where PV is coming from ?? It has to be scaled.
CV is going nowhere.

Couple of things:

1 - SP, PV, CV must be scaled into and out of the PID. The PID operates 0 - 16383.
2 - Have the PID in a rung that is control by the STI time, S:30. Move that into the loop update field of the PID so they match.
3 - As mentioned you need tuning parameters for it to react and you cannot use the emulator.

let's save ourselves some time here ...

folks, I'm betting a LOT more than pocket change that my distinguished colleague OkiePC nailed it in the very first reply ... the OP's Driver is set for the "emulator" which does NOT execute the PID ...

so ...

until (and unless) the OP comes back and posts an "OK, now I'm running it on real-world hardware" notice, then this is probably just a dead-end thread ...

in short, NOTHING is going to "fix" this problem as long as the OP is trying to run a PID on the emulator software ...

Thank you very much for your kind reply

I am trying to test on the emulator. May be that is the reason why it is not executing.

Is there any way to simulate the application?????

Because I don't have any PLC hardware to test it

Is there any other software to tune the SLC 500 PID????

Please tell me how to make STI based PID

Please reply