Wonderware reports

EagleElectric

I am creating a wonderware application and I need to create some reports. The reports are already made in Excel. I am able to export the data to a .CSV file but I need to move the data to the report every 15 minutes. I have tried to create a macro in VBA to do this but Excel will not export the data more than one time on a time basis. I also need the data to be entered in consecutive lines on the spreadsheet depending on what time it is. I am having trouble getting excel to do this. Should I just have a macro that runs when the spreadsheet is open and have wonderware open the spreadsheet at the given times for the transfer? This seems like a lot of opening and closing of excel and I am trying to limit the amount of extra programs opening and closing due to using up the computer memory for extra functions. My question is is there a way to write a macro that this can take place without having to be proficient in Visual Basic or another language.....any help would be appreciated.......

Hi EagleElektric,

I can't help you with the technical part be I can redirect you to a forum were are more people doing this kind of jobs.
Just click this Link

Rudi

A couple of ideas:

1.) Create Accessnames in WW addressed to the Excel reports you need to populate with the data. This will allow you to address individual cells within the reports. Use an On True condition script with condition = $Minute MOD 15 == 0 to move your data directly to the reports.

2.) If your using the MSOffice program (as I saw in your previous post on this subject) have you considered using an ODBC connection to an Access database so that you can have history for your reports? You can then use the method above, but rather than writing to the Excel spreadsheet, you can use the SQLAccess commands within WW to write records to the Access DB.

3.) The best situation would be to have a SQL Server running somewhere on your network to log the data to and then just pull the data into your reports with a pass-thru query.

Hope this sparks some ideas.