Dynamic DB Management with STL

erdemsvri

Hello

I want to write a function that will check for a avaible DB which doesnt exist on CPU and create that DB for example DB12 is avaible with the number of data types written on the input of fc,fb like 256 integer or 512 real when CPU is running.

like input of fb,fc

512 , 1 (1 stands for int for example 2-> real 3 -> dint ...)

output is

a diagnostic which says the function has done its job or not
and the number of the DB that has been created.

diagnostics = 0 -> job done
db_no = 12 -> db12 created with 512 integer.

Is this possible?

I have checked sfc22 sfc23 sfc24 (create,delete,test dbs) but I cant find a way to tell the PLC number of the data type and the data type I want to create.

I am new in S7 and STL. I want to learn S7 programing with STL what is the best way for me to learn?

[PS: I dont like reading Siemens manuals :(]

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer

Is there a way to check the empty work memory?
While I was writing the code I realised that might be overflow in memory if I dont take control of it.

I mean if something went wrong with the program and PLC tries to create 1 bilion of real number in a DB I should prevent that.

And where can I find the work memory of a S7-300 offline?

Thanks.