s7 300 and siprotec 7um61 on profibus

mel_w

Hi all
I am trying to connect a siprotec relay 7UM61 to s7 300 on profibus the siprotec has standard mapping 3.1 68 bytes input 8 bytes output
but when I add it to the hardware config it has an error saying the device type does not match the config
has anyone an example on how to configure and get data from the device?
regards
Mel

Note that the device must me setup for this map as well. I have had many problems getting these things to works as well. Generally I use a standard map for that device. It's to bad you need to do your own. Are you in the I/Q area or above the process image?

hi
I am trying to use the standard map on the siprotec which is set to a standard map 3.1 by siemens engineer
which from the manual is supposed to have 68 bytes input and 8 bytes output I am trying have the device in the io area but at the moment I am unable to download a hardware config that works and and cannot seem to see the device on accessible nodes on the profibus network
Regards
Mel