Omron CPM1A Networking

paulc20

Has anyone networked CPM1A to a C200HE-CPU42-ZE processor? I need to replace 14 Omron C20 plc's that are starting to fail and would like to use CPM1A's with a CIF-11 comms module connected to a COM-06 on the C200HE. Is this possible and can I share data between the PLC's?

I have linked the C200HE to other devices using modbus but the smaller Omrons do not support modbus.

NO worries at all use the rs422 with a cif unit per plc.
Don't forget the terminator.
If you ar in melbourne look up Industrial Automation Products
(sorry about the add.)
It works

Last edited:
The hardware that you suggest is fine. Now comes the software part:

1. Each CPM1A will need a separate unit number assigned in PC Setup from 0-31.

2. The C200HE will need to use on of the following:
a. TXD-RXD instructions to poll the CPM1A's using Hostlink commands.
b. The COM06 board supports protocol macro commands. If you have the software, I will post the necessary protocol macro to accomplish this. :cool:

Thank you Ian and Jay for your replies.

I will purchase the protocol macro software and would like to take you up on your offer, Jay.

Paul

Here is the macro for C Mode Hostlink protocol. The .psw is for CX Protocol and the .pt1 is for Protocol Macro Software for DOS. Also is included the documentation. :nodi: