G306A Ethernet

Xsailor

Hi All,

I am sure it is obviously simple but I am missing it - just not able to use the ethernet port to prograam the G306A.

The procedure I am a following is...
1. Use the USB connection to initialize the unit and make changes to the Commm parameters

2.Change the IP address on the Link option in Crimson and also bring the computer Ethernet in the same network.

3. As per page 3 of the manual, (I use a Cross-over cable cable - verified to be working OK!), I do get a Yellow solid light but that is about all.

4. Keep getting the Unable to communicate error.

5. If I choose the USB connection, I am able to get comms almost immediately.

Where am I going wrong? o_O

PS: The ideas was to get the Ethernet working and then start playing with the 'Pass Thru' feature of the G3.

Cheers

Xsailor

You need to enable "Remote Update" in the Ethernet settings, and make sure the port number is the same there and in the download settings. 789 is the default, I believe.

You need to enable "Remote Update" in the Ethernet settings, and make sure the port number is the same there and in the download settings. 789 is the default, I believe.
Received my first couple of G306As and a Kadet.

Thanks for the pointer, Mike - The ethernet worked on the first attempt after I changed the port settings to 789 and enabled the remote option.

Wish it was mentioned somewhere in the manual though.

Anyways...terrific product!

Cheers

Xsailor