commented programm

harrydeharry

Hi all,
Can any one tell me how can i upload a programm on my old commented program with our disturbing titles and db comments.
Thanks in advance
Harry

without knowing what PLC that you are referencing, people will not give you too much direction.
If you are speaking about AB specifically, just upload, save-as another file-name, then import all of your original comments back into the file.

yes i know but what i want to know is i have a programme which has all the comments when i upload the same short of some modified programm from plc after deleting the all old fc of the programm on my leptop i could not find my temp comments and db comments how can i save them and reuse them
thanks in advance

With Siemens its very tricky, as I'm sure you know. Hence your post.

I'll take a stab at it - I'll try.

I go to a customer site to work on a program, I am not the last one. First I compare blocks and determine what is not equal.

FC blocks
These are the easiest. Upload. When you open the block the symbol info is invalid, say OK. Now turn the glasses on to go online. If you are online, go offline and save the block and then download. Problem fixed.

DB
The hardest by far. You may need to work with an individual block for some period of time. Think days and you will prepare yourself. If your offline DB has symbols and your online DB is not equal here is what I would do. First archive your project. Now copy your offline DB and paste to make a copy. Now upload the DB. If you open it and have no symbol info you will have to use your copy to create a new DB based on what you find when you upload. There is no simple explanation - you have to figure it out. Once you get a new DB created "that you think will replace the old one", download. Of course you have backups to go back.