tag recognition cameras/sensors/companies

mordred

looking into upgrading a tag reader system that ties into AS/400. Our application has the tags mounted on rollers on a rail system. The company we currently deal with for the past 11+ years has been difficult to get support from. I know there is newer technology for this and have sen some to the pixel counting sensors from Banner engineering. However I am looking into manufacturers that we can hire to install a working system that does not require a backlight. Handle a high washdown food industry plant. (pork slaughter house) work at a rate of 1300 hogs per hour. integrate two inmotion scale system in this case GSe 650 indicators however we may upgrade this to 920I indicators from Rice Lake. The problem has several layers as we currently have 7 cameras on this application with 5 touchscreens to id the hog tattoos and associate that data along with a fat probe reading, the weight data and the roller tag for tracking. Thats a basic description of the system. I'm primarily looking for any companies preferably in North America/ Canada that can design, support and install similar systems. I would assume that this application is used in similar industries and I know the current company we are dealing with cannot be the only one as the company does not have enough support personnel to handle all of North America. I've included a bmp image of a tag to give a better idea of what type of vision system is needed

09-09-10 113700_906.JPG