Moving a String to a New Tag

All, I am trying to reset timers when a Work Order change occurs. The Work Order comes in as a string and I am comparing it to a tag, "Work_Order_Last".

When they are NEQ, the Work_Order_Change OTE goes HIGH, resetting the timers. I am attempting to move the new Work Order string into the Work_Order_Last string.

Currently, I am using a CONCAT instruction where Source B is an "Empty" string tag to move the value to the string.

My question is, is there any way to move the Work Order value to the Work_Order_Last tag without using a CONCAT?

I see the MOV instruction does not let you use strings.

Thank you!

Similar Topics

I have a string that I need to remove six numbers out of and move to an Array. I can't seem to find anything that will work for me. I tried a...
Replies
Views
I have an application where I'd like to place a description of a current event into a string file location. I've been playing around with the MOV...
Replies
Views
I'm a Siemens person, and this is one of my first AB programs. The customer wants everything programmed in Ladder. I have a lot of data (3...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a compact Logix plc and I have been task with configuring alarms into our SCADA when an Analog signal stops moving. The analog...
Replies
Views
Hello, i am a beginner with a Siemens Logo 8 PLC. I would determine the direction of an object if it passes a whole cycle of 2 input sensors. See...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom