WW Historic Data Trending doesnta allow me to activate Historic Trending

we have a working version of historic trending on one project, I'im attempting to apply the same screen to another project. I have $HistoricalLogging = 1; in my application script and i have forcelogging in my ini.

i have an object with a discrete statement that references $historicallogging, i also made the object so on left click it changes the current state of $HistoricalLogging. Nothing seems to latch Historical logging

when i click on the object it does flip momentarily but then returns quite quickly.

This screen has been tested and works properly on other projects.

Thanks in advance!

In your Historical Logging tab under Configure, make sure "Enable Historical Logging" is checked and the log file directory exists.

The Enable Historical Logging from Special>Configure>Historical Logging... is checked.

I have a configuration file in the project folder.

also i have the access name produced i have viewstream and GEHCS up and running.

Ok...I'm guessing you have enough hard disk space as well. The button to toggle $HistoricalLogging, is it set for toggle instead of direct?

I have attempted to toggle it several methods

the Direct control
the Toggle Method
and even the classy $HistoricalLogging = not $HistoricalLogging; method in a mousedown actionscript

I'm wondering if your historical log files are corrupted as well. Have you tried deleting the idx and lgh files and reboot?

[History]
szRetrievalDll=WWNHIST.DLL
szRetrievalParams=D:\Temp
szLoggingDll=WWFILPRO.DLL
szLoggingParams=D:\Temp
szTagProvDll=WWNHIST.DLL
szLoggingNode=
szFailOver=
bLoggingEnabled=1
bUseAppDir=0
[InSQL]
szRetrievalDll=WWINSQL.DLL
szRetrievalParams=D:\Temp
szLoggingDll=WWFILPRO.DLL
szLoggingParams=D:\Temp
szTagProvDll=WWINSQL.DLL
szLoggingNode=
szFailOver=
bLoggingEnabled=1
bUseAppDir=0

No but i will give that(deleting those files) a try tomorrow morning.
I remember seeing an error message early on in the project but didn't capture it.

It does exist.

I also have the save file function pass this statement

{This sets up Directories Locations and charting methods}
HDWDBDir = InfoInTouchAppDir();
HDWDataDir = HTGetLogDirectory();
HDWFilename = "c:\HistoricData Date " + Year +"-"+ Month +"-"+ Day +" Time "+ Time +".csv";

also, deleted the LGH and IDX files and it did not change any function.

When i restarted the program it did not produce any new files.

I restarted the trending on the operational program and the IDX and LGH files were produced. so its definately isolated to this project

Have you tried running the working app on the new pc or vice versa? Maybe a bad or corrupted install? Can you post your app? I'm pretty sure someone can help look at it.