Simatic HW config missing Drive ES/ Simotion

ason

Hey, we have an project file that someone else have made,
now we need to add 2 drives on that machine.

this is that is missing

HWconfig_driveES.jpg

an workmate to me called Siemens support and the told him that we can use starter software that is free for download,
but i dont think that is the right way,
isn't this a package that we need to bay?
and it looks like that there is alot of those software,
i really need to know what is missing.
Link to siemens support about this, maybe someone understand what that means https://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?query=drive%20es%20simotion&func=cslib.cssearch&content=skm%2Fmain.asp&lang=en&siteid=cseus&objaction=cssearch&searchinprim=&nodeid99=&x=0&y=0

ANSWER:
This message pops up with the following statuses when opening the hardware configuration of a Step7 project:
- In the project, drive objects are configured on the Profibus.
- Not all option packages used upon the selection of the drive objects are currently installed on the PG/PC.
This problem often occurs for the following reasons:
- The project was created on another PG/PC.
- After problems occurred on a PG/PC (e.g. hard disk crash), not all required option packages were re-installed.

The following messages could be displayed:
"SIMOTION option package missing" because the project contains MicroMaster MM4 / SINAMICS drives equipped with DriveES/SIMOTION interface and neither a DriveES package (Basic, SIMATIC or PCS7) nor SCOUT has been installed.
"DriveES option package missing" because the project includes e.g. Masterdrives with a DriveES interface and DriveES Basic and/or SIMATIC have not been installed

So in short, purchase DriveES Basic and install Starter from the DriveES Basic DVD's

Yes we are going to purchase DriveES next week.

But if we install Starter 4.1 SP3
we put new gsd files in the HW setup the drivers with starter.
but isn't integrated in the project.
should that be good enough?
Can the project file be damaged if we change the HW without Drive ES?

With experience it is possible to replace drives created with DrivesES with standard profibus drive components from the hardware configuration library. I ran into this at a customer site, where I was using DrivesES objects but they didn't have this software. So I deleted my DrivesES drives and replaced with standard drives from the Profibus library.

Having said that, I think its easier to work backwards from DrivesES when you have the package installed. Also easier if you are the developer, which I was in my case but you are not in your situation. There are things you will not see in the hardware configuration - objects that won't be visible - if you don't have the optional software installed. So I would recommend purchasing DrivesES to support your existing project.

Thanks for that information,
yes we are going to bay drive ES,
i dont know if the customer have drive ES.
This summer i have been working on a machine that have a engineering station with drive ES
I think that it is a good tool to configure and setup.