Control a Yaskawa V7 with Ethernet

DesertDog

I was wondering if it would be feasible to control a Yaskawa V7 inverter from a Siemens Step-7 300 program through an Ethernet option. I know there is a ProfiBus option but the Ethernet option allows me to use the same drive on other configurations as well. I think there is no direct method like a command structure similar to the ProfiBus GSD file but I think it may be able to be done with some simple Network Send/Receive commands in logic. I would like to know if anybody has already had success with this and would also appreciate any advice.

Similar Topics

Hi Everybody, this may be one for you motion control guys. We have been tasked with interfacing some Yaskawa drives into a project where the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have machine that's currently running a Micrologix 1400 PLC controlling an AB Powerflex VFD via Ethernet/IP. We want to replace the VFD...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm currently trying to implement my first AB Control Logix PLC program using Yaskawa P1000 drives (7 of them).. I haven't managed to make...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a PLC solution to control multiple variable frequency drives at one time. I have a testing setup that uses Yaskawa V1000 VFDs to...
Replies
Views
Hello. I installed 7 Yaskawa V1000 Drives along with the Yaskawa SI-EN3 comms cards. I was able to follow the steps from the Yaskawa web site when...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom