Control Yaskawa GA800 with Micrologix 1400

mjp123gp

Hello,

I have machine that's currently running a Micrologix 1400 PLC controlling an AB Powerflex VFD via Ethernet/IP. We want to replace the VFD with a Yaskawa GA800 VFD but I'm trying to figure out how to setup the MSG instructions to work with the Yaskawa.

The attached screenshots show how the MSG write and MSG read are currently setup for the PF drive. We're only sending the start/stop/reset logic and speed ref to the drive. We're only reading run/fault status and current speed from the drive.

Does anyone know what I would need to set for the Class, Instance, and attribute values to make it work with the Yaskawa? I have the Yaskawa document AN.AFD.22 that shows how to setup the explicit MSG but its a little confusing to me. Link here-> https://mobile.yaskawa.com/delegate...D.22&cmd=documents&documentName=AN.AFD.22.pdf

Thanks

EDIT: never mind, this program they sent me is already setup for the GA800 VFD so that answers my question.

MSG Write.PNG MSG Read.PNG

Last edited: