Micrologix 1500 Com Port Protocol - Can it be changed via code

rherrmann

Hello All,

I am working on a project with a Micrologix 1500 LPR. This processor will be used in several versions of the same machine. In one version of the machine I will be communicating out one serial port DF1 to an HMI and the second serial port ASCII to another device. In a second configuration I will be communicating DF1 out the first port to the HMI, and DF1 out the second port to different device. I do not want to have to maintain two programs, and would like to be able to change the protocol for the 2nd serial port using ladder logic. Is this possible? If so where should I look to find the addresses that are controlling these settings.

Thank you for your help.

I have never tried this with a Micrologix, but look into S:33/3 "Channel Mode":

When clear (0), the channel 0 communication port is in the User mode (ASCII mode). When set (1), channel 0 is in the System mode (DF1 mode). Make this selection on the Channel Configuration dialog. To access this dialog double-click on Channel Configuration in the project tree.

RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000, 2001, 2002

The excerpt from RSLogix500 help (above quote) says to access it from the channel config dialog, but in a SLC you can write to this bit at runtime to switch modes.

Paul

The help manual ( instruction set) says the bit is read only.
I just tried it with an offline file and it gave me an error when trying to verify. It said it cannot write to that address ( S:33/3) see pic below

ReadOnly.jpg