Mitsubishi/Siemens profibus

Mblazek

Anyone have any experience with a Siemens master and Mitsubishi slave profibus? Looking for help getting setting up and talking

Siemens Master is Siemens CPU 319-3 PN/DP
Slave is a FX3U processor with a FX3U 32DP slave module
Customer is using Siemens 6ES7 318-3EL00-0AB0
6ES7 318-3EL00-0AB0 V2.6 software.
For starters
Question: what needs to be set on the Siemens side? The slave appears on the graphical interface but the slave does not see the master. The master address in Buffer memory defaults to 00FFh

Mitsubishi-Siemens Master

Two things found that cused the initial problem. The initial problem being that the profibus modules never appeared on the network.
1 there was a repeater in line with the Mitsubishi profibus so once that was programmed/configured properly the modules were visible on the network.
2. If the Mitsubishi PLC were programmed as the example for programming given by Mitsubishi in their JY997D25201 publication it will work. A slave address must be programmed into the PLC as the example shows.

After the profibus slave maodules appeared on the network the rest of the transfer went relatively fine.

This installation goes back a few years.