FAL I think???

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Guys and Gals I need to add a group of 47 Integers. I have never used the FAL so I don't understand it. Is that what I should be using or just an CPT expression? Is so can you give me a few pointers?

Think of a FAL as an instruction with a built in FOR loop. The loop can run in ALL mode or INCREMENTAL mode, that is it will do all calculations in a single scan or it will do one calculation per scan until done.

For a PLC/5 for your application

CLR N7:0 //you need to clear the destination first
FAL R6:0 47 0 ALL N7:0 N7:0 + #N7:1

is eqivalent to

N7:0 := 0;
FOR i:= 0 to 46 DO
N7:0 := N7:0 + N7:[1+i];
NEXT i

For a ControlLogix you would enter it as
CLR SUM
FAL FALCTRL 47 0 INC SUM "SUM + MYARRAY[FALCTRL.POS]"

You can index the address of either the destination and/or some or all elements addressed in the expression. For example

FAL R6:0 10 0 ALL #N11:0 #N12:0 + #N13:0

is equivalent to

For i:= 0 to 10 do
N11: := N12: + N13:;
Next i;

In a PLC/5 you can used indexed addressing. In the CLX you use Control.POS as an array index value. So it becomes

My_Int_array[3][10] //.3 x 10 array

FAL FALCTRL 10 0 INC My_Int_Array[0][FALCTRL.POS] My_Int_Array[1][FALCTRL.POS] + My_Int_Array[2][FALCTRL.POS]

bernie yess they are in sequential order. Sorry I didn't post that. You know when you are to close to something you just can't see it.

Alaric The light bulb just clicked. I think I will be able to use it know. If I get hung up I may have to ask for some more help. I will let you all know how it works.

Alaric
I have been fighting fire every where else. So I jusy got to this. That little (#) Index address symbol means the world doesn't it. Thanks for the help so far it all looks great.