Wago 750-841 Ethernet

miq599

Hello all!

i have just got my hands on a Wago 750-841 controller and i would like to see it sending input status over ethernet to a receiving computer in plain text.
I have already written a tiny program in C to listen a specified port for incoming data in computer.
The output syntax could look something like this: "input1#1" (for input1 active) and "input1#0"

Has anyone tried this before? And maybe you can give me some hints in how to achieve this kind of situation.

The Wago 750-841 talks MODBUS TCP/IP and Ethernet I/P. Your software will need to be able to talk one of these protocols to communicate with the device. There are a number of third party ActiveX controls, .NET components or OPC Servers that you can use in your program. I would suggest looking at www.softwaretoolbox.com. Also, I would use the MODBUS TCP/IP protocol. It is much easier to work with in the Wago world than the Ethernet I/P.

Regards