Excel 2007 and RsLinx

MGuenette

Hi,

I have an Excel file that communicates with my PLC trought RsLinx.

I have some conditionnal formating depending of the PLC's tage value.

Everytime I try to open the Excel file I get a message that Excel needs to start and application (RsLinx). I have to choices between "yes ; yes to all ; no ; no for all". If I click yes for all, it is not working and I loose all of my conditional formating. But Excel is working and already running.

The application is doing that since we have reimaged the PC

Any solutions?

thanks
Have a great day
Martin.

That message is normal when using remote data sources in excel. It sounds to me like one of your DDE/OPC topics is broken.

1. Make sure that you are running a licensed version of RSLinx. (Help, About). RSLinx lite can be invoked if there is a problem with the license, and the Lite version will not allow OPC/DDE to function.

2. Make sure the topic names in RSLinx are still valid and connected. You should be able to view the cells in Excel to find the topic names for the remote references.

Paul

OK,

I verified and my RsLinx is registered and I clean all of my topic to create them again.

What is strange is after I click Yes for All in Excel, I can see the PLCs value but I only loose the conditionnal formating.

thanks
Martin.

Problem fixed...

there was a excel sheet with only one value used previouly for a communication test...

thanks for your help guys

Have a great day
Martin