overcurrent protection

samoil

Whot type of circuit protection (fuses or breakers) is the best for HMI monitors and PLC? They suffered from inrush current several times.If I can get info regarding the type and specs.Thanks./

Proper line filtering and conditioning ahead of them.
High quality EMI/RFI/Surge filters, or ultimately, a high quality full-time online UPS.

That is, a UPS, that is ALWAYS supplying the load off of it's inverter, and completely isolating the incoming line from the outbound line. A UPS that does a "Switchover" on mains fail is pretty much useless.

I dont think he asks about noise, or spikes or whatever. Regardles that it is relevant or not.
His problem is that that his fuses or breakers trips when he turn on his Monitors and PLC.

Yes this is a problem with "electronic gizmos" that has its own internal powersupply stage.
Samoil didnt inform if the problem is with AC or DC, but I guess AC because this problem is more severe with the internal AC/DC stages in these devices.
I dont know if you have the same terminology, but we use "D" type circuit breakers for anything with an internal power supply. These "D" type circuit breaker allow extra high short-term current. They are also sometimes called "transformer" breakers, because you have the same high-inrush problem with transformers.

Oh, okay Jesper... Seemed to me, he was talking about "Inrush" damaging the HMI's/PLC's. But yes, if just a problem with clearing fuses or breakers, you need to use time-delay fuses, or breakers without a fast magnetic trip.

Switching power supply two-cycle current can be upwards of 25 to 30 amps on startup, but for well designed supplies is usually much closer to the actual full load rating of the supply.