Web Handling math

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Somewhat off topic (Ok way off the PLC topic)

I have a web handling program that is not documented and no print man this stuff is fun.

What does dividing the Rewind speed by the Rewind Frequency speed give you? I ASSuME the tension in the web? BY looking at the torque???

This program in a MLX 1500 and the guy used all manual scaling to get things in and out of EU. Why not just use SCP? I guess old habits are hard to break.

Last edited:
You'll have to clarify the source of the values in your question.

Rewind surface speed? From an encoder or something?

Is this a center driven winder that grows (or shrinks) in diameter as material is fed to/from it?

You'll have to clarify the source of the values in your question.

Rewind surface speed? From an encoder or something?

Is this a center driven winder that grows (or shrinks) in diameter as material is fed to/from it?

Encoder in the center of the driven winder that grows in diameter.

You know how you just over look all the simple things when you are to close to the project.

If you know the line speed in IPS, you multiply that by the time for one revolution of the rewind to get the roll size.

Inches Seconds Inches
------ x ---------- = ----------
Second Rewind Rev Rewind Rev

Inches per Rewind Revolution is the roll circumference. Divide it by PI to get diameter.