SSV Not working

ecsmoore

Good morning... I have read the RW docs and all the WALLCLOCKTIME and SSV posts. It looks to me like I should be able to write to the WALLCLOCKTIME DateTime array (7) with the SSV structured with the source data being an array which is constructed with the same type and size.
I am writing the values Year, Mon, Day, Hour, Second, etc to an array called SystemTimeFix[7]. I then use the SSV to write the SystemTimeFix[7] array to the WALLCLOCKTIME DateTime array. The source, in the SSV, is SystemTimeFix[0].
This is NOT working. It does not write anything. Does anyone know what the problem might be? We have RSLogix 5000. ver 11.12.
The values in SystemTimeFix are correct. I have attached a pic. Thanks for any help.

ssvQuestion.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see any problem with your logic. Could you try to force B33[2].31 to on? It your PLC connected to Logix5000 Update Tool which will keep overwriting the PLC time.

Thanks for the reply. I am sending more of my code. Also, I took the block out... I don't get why it is not moving data. We don't have that tool running anywhere here that I know of, but I better check. Actually I doubt it because all our ControlLogix have different times!!

woops... and thanks. You made me think in a different way. I was only setting valid values for hour and minute. The SSV requires all 7 words have valid values. The other values were zero. When I put good values in all 7 words of the array it worked. Thank you...

Last edited: