opc server for touchscreens v-series

Igor_A

Hello!
I have a question about touchscreen of manufacture Hakko Electronics
May be somebody have OPC server for communication with panels v710.
I speak not about software TELLUS and V-Server with which it is possible create the projects of controlling from the computer or touchscreen, but about the program of reading parametres V710 for working in Cimplicity. Thankful in advance. Thanks

The Monitouch can be configured as a Modbus slave in addition to any other drivers that it is confiured for. So it can communicate with an OPC server that is talking Modbus. So for example, if you are communicating with a CompactLogix to the Monitouch, you can map all that data to a Modbus table for access via Cimplicity. This is done under the Extended Communications configuration. You can set it up as a slave over either RTU or TCP/IP.

I actually just set a system up using a KEPware OPC server communicating with a Monitouch and it went very smoothly.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need help setting that up.
Ed

Thanks edbro for a prompt reply.
Your information is very useful to me.
One more question: What type of the converter have you use for computer connection to the touchscreen (RS232-RS485 or RS422) or some specific with modbus protocol and how is it possible to establish network addresses for each of panels for data acquisition?
Yours faithfully, Igor.

Hi Igor,

You can connect to the HMI through a serial connection (all the serial ports are RS232 and RS422/485 compatible), or through the Ethernet port if you have a V710i series Monitouch. If you are using a serial connection, the you would configure the OPC server for Modbus RTU. If you are using the Ethernet port, the you would use a Modbus TCP OPC server.

You can set up the addressing in the Modbus slave table. There is a technical note (TN-MH-0003b) describing the setup here: http://www.monitouchhmi.net/technotes.php

Regards,
Ed

Thanks, Ed.
From the resulted explanatory it is clear how to organise an exchange between a server and panels. I will a little explain the purpose of all these operations:
There is an automatic line in which 2 independent controllers GE Fanuc 90-30 are used. These controllers connected to separate touchscreens V710 each other. I wished to organise a network between the computer and panels, and then through OPC server to consider a data from controllers.
As I have understood, in panels it is necessary to write special scripts for recording of the interesting data controllers to cells of memory of the panel but only then to read out them to the computer for system SCADA Cimplicity. Then the configuration of sockets CN1 and MJ1 or MJ2 will be different. Prompt, as in your opinion, how will be better to organise an exchange with controllers.
Regards,
Igor

Igor,

If that is the case, then you should use the MJ2 port. Set the port as a Modbus Slave on Modbus RTU and configure it for RS422 on both HMIs. You should set one of them as Node 1 and the other as Node 2. Then the OPC server can read data from both units without issue.

Regards,
Ed

Ed, I'm understand it. The only question is how to read data from Plc not HMI.
I think that i must write macros in hmi memory. Then when will be query of interruption for receiving data this script must begin and write variables from plc to hmi memory. And only then i can read it to laptop.
Regards,
Igor

Igor,

That is what the Modbus Slave Table does for you. You map PLC data from to the Modbus registers, starting at 432769. So you can configure R1-R1024 to 432769-433792. Then, when you look at 432769 on your PC, you are read / writing to R1.

Best regards,
Ed