Help needed on GE Fanuc CCM protocol

CJS

hi,i am attempting to use a Rx3i GE fanuc PLC to talk to PC (hyperterminal) via IC695CMM004 module, anyone have any sample program on CCM protocol, or any notes on how to implement the CCM protocol.

thanks

The details of the protocol are published in GFK-0582.

You said you want the PLC to talk to a PC via hyperterminal. I hope you realize that the CMM004 only implements CCM protocol as a slave.

Just out of curiosity, why CCM?

Last edited:
hi steve , thanks for your reply. If u were to suggest, what will to do to let the PLC talk to hyperterminal? If possible can u show me some sample programs or setting ? Thanks

Have you looked at the manual I cited? Do you understand what I meant when I said that the PLC can only be a CCM slave? And once again, why CCM?

The sequence for a CCM transaction where a master reads data from a slave is as follows:
Master sends a wake-up call (ENQ sequence).
Slave acknowledges.
Master sends a command string which tells the slave the type of data, its starting address, and the number of bytes to send.
Slave acknowledges and sends data
Master acknowledges
Slave sends a sign-off (EOT)
Master sends a sign-off (EOT)

If the responses to each of the strings don't happen within the correct time windows, you have to start the sequence over.

If you don't like the GE manual, you could also check out Automation Direct. The protocol they call Direct Net is the same as CCM.

And no, I don't have anything I can send you detailing how to do all of this in Hyperterminal.